St. Elizabeth Hospital’s Neurophysiology Lab provides diagnostic testing for a number of neurological issues and is staffed by a certified neurophysiology technician. The neurophysiology lab at St. Elizabeth Hospital is under the direction of a Board Certified Neurologist.
Neurophysiology Lab Diagnostic Testing Includes:
- EEG (electroencephalogram) - a test that measures and records the electrical activity of the brain.
- EKG or ECG (electrocardiogram) - a test that checks for problems with the electrical activity of the heart.
- EMG (electromyogram) - a test that measures the electrical impulses of muscles at rest and during contraction.
- Evoked Response Testing - tests that measure the time it takes for nerves to respond to stimulation as well as the size of the response. Nerves from different areas of the body may be tested.
- Nerve Conduction Study - a test that measure show well and how fast the nerves can send electrical signals.