You Can Help Prevent the Flu
From home to school to work, you can help prevent the flu. Remember to follow these tips:
- Get your flu shot each year. Getting your flu shot protects not only you, but others that are susceptible to the flu, especially children and the elderly.
- Stay home when you are sick. Especially if you are contagious or have fever greater than 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit. Call your doctor immediately to see if an antiviral medication is appropriate for you. Stay away from others until you have not had a fever for 24 hours, especially those who are very young or old, or who have poor immune systems.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Wash your hands often.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Get plenty of rest, drink a lot of water and eat nutritious food.